UVa-Wise Writing Center
--Thomas Jefferson to his Grandson T.J. Randolph, April 16, 1810
The Writing Center is located in Zehmer Hall 144b, at the hearth next to Student Support Services.
The Writing Center is dedicated to assistance in writing for all classes and for anyone who enjoys writing. The center offers services with the following:
assistance with Powerpoint presentations
assistance with any form of written presentation
Always bring the assignment.
Center Rules - Each computer in the center has access to the internet.
Things you need to know:
- Do not remove your USB drive from a Macintosh drive without ejecting it.
- Do not remove your USB drive while a processing application is still active.
- Bring a USB drive to save your work.
- Return all borrowed materials to the on-duty tutor
- Move the furniture.
- Play games or chat if the computer is needed for academic work.
- Have food or drink near the computers.
Monday and Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
.Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Closed for lunch; please check the Writing Center board.
Contact Information LIKE us on FACEBOOK
Zehmer Hall, Zehmer Hearth
Phone: (276) 376-4551
E-mail : Cyndi Newlon : email@example.com
Cynthia Johnson Newlon
Ms. Newlon is the Director of the Writing Center and a Instructor in English. B.A. in English, 1992, The University of Virginia's College at Wise, a M.Ed., 1999, the University of Virginia, and a M.A., 2004, Emory & Henry College.