The application process is simpler than it can sometimes seem.
We’ll help you break it down step by step.
- Talk to an admissions officer either at your school or on the phone to learn about our requirements and decide if early admissions is right for you.
- Track down the application deadlines and put them in your calendar.
- Fill out an application and send it in.
- Start talking with your high school guidance counselor about any private scholarships that might be available to you.
- While we process your application, visit FAFSA.ed.gov to begin applying for financial aid. You’ll need to request a student and parent PIN at PIN.ed.gov.
- File tax returns for yourself and your parents as soon as possible.
- Complete and submit your FAFSA online or through the mail as quickly after Jan. 1 as possible and no later than Feb. 15. UVa-Wise’s FAFSA code is 003747.
- Watch the mail for your award letter detailing what financial aid programs you qualify for.
- Register for and attend orientation, where you’ll meet with an advisor and sign up for fall semester classes.
- Forward all student and parent loan request forms to the Office of Financial Aid by Jul. 1 for fall semester disbursement, and sign up for payment plans if you’ve chosen that option.
- Attend “Expedition,” UVa-Wise’s all-encompassing kickoff to the fall semester, and get ready for freshman year.
Whether you’ve just been admitted or are trying to decide whether to apply, a campus visit can give you a much fuller picture of what life is like at UVa-Wise. Start planning now »
Applying via Mail
Complete the Application Form and return it to:
UVa-Wise Office of Admissions
1 College Avenue
Wise, VA 24293-4412
We’ll refund your enrollment deposit of $75.00 through May 1 (for fall enrollment) or Dec. 1 (for spring enrollment). Mail your refund request in writing and make sure it’s postmarked by the appropriate deadline.
UVa-Wise offers two nonbinding early admission programs. These programs allow students to take advantage of benefits like academic scholarships, special registration sessions, and extra residence hall options.
Candidates for Early Admission I should present a record of strong academic achievement and plan to take the SAT or ACT no later than October. We will review completed applications for fall semester enrollment beginning Sep. 1. We must receive your application for admission prior to Aug. 1 in order to consider you for fall admission.
Candidates for Early Admission II should present a record of strong academic achievement and plan to take the SAT or ACT no later than October. We will review completed applications for spring semester enrollment beginning Mar. 15. We must receive your application for admission prior to Feb. 1 in order to consider you for spring admission.
Guidelines for Admission to UVa-Wise
Preference is given to students who have successfully completed the following criteria:
|4 years of English|
|3 years of mathematics, including Algebra I and II and a third course to be chosen from geometry, advanced algebra and trigonometry, calculus, or related course|
|2 or more years of science beyond general science|
|2 or more years of a foreign language|
|Rank in the top half of the graduating class|
|SAT I score of 900 or better or ACT of 18 or better
(waived if applicant is 25 years of age or over)
|Advanced Studies Diploma or equivalent|