At UVa-Wise, we welcome anyone seeking to further their education.
Students who wish to take classes for self-improvement but are not seeking a degree may enroll for a maximum of 7 hours per semester. Non-degree students who already hold a bachelor’s degree may take an unlimited number of hours.
Non-degree Students Process
- Complete an application for admission, indicating non-degree status.
- The director of Enrollment Management will act on the non-degree application as soon as it is completed.
- Click here for a checklist of what to do once you receive your acceptance letter.
- A student who has been suspended from UVa-Wise must appeal to the Academic Appeals Committee for permission to enroll as a non-degree student.
- A non-degree student is not eligible for financial aid, cannot reside in campus housing, and is not assigned an academic advisor.
Our selection of majors may be large, but our classes are small. Learn more »
Whether you’ve just been admitted or are trying to decide whether to apply, a campus visit can give you a much fuller picture of what life is like at UVa-Wise. Start planning now »