Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM)
The Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM) at The University of Virginia's College at Wise welcomes you. As a part of the Virginia Baptist Collegiate Ministry, UVa-Wise BCM is the church's mission on the college campus, building community, making disciples for Christ and developing Christian leaders. BCM has been a part of collegiate ministry at UVa-Wise since 1958.
Membership in UVa-Wise BCM simply requires a willingness to participate, Baptist or not. Annually, less than one-third of active BCM members are Baptist.
The UVa-Wise BCM has a dedicated Baptist Student Center facility adjacent to the College campus. The facility is open and available to students throughout each day and evening, and includes a prayer room, conference/meeting room, library/resource room, and a fully-equipped kitchen.
- President - Junetta Nuckels
- Secretary - Tia Young
- Media & Relations - Caitlin Sprouse
- Freshman & Events - Kaitlyn Wegner
- Faculty Advisor - Gary Stratton
- Pastor Advisor - Dr. Ray Jones, Jr.
- Interim BCM College Minister - Megan Buchanan
- Monday Lunches (Noonday) are held between 11AM to 1PM each week during the regular academic year, except during breaks. These lunches feature a free home cooked meal provided by a local Church and also are notable for the time of fellowship with other students.
- Launch is a weekly Bible study that happens every Tuesday at 7PM. These studies include a time of discussion and interaction as well as some applicable Scripture studies. Lauch also features a time of worship and community prayer.
- Conferences & missions provide unique leadership and worship opportunities. Annual events include: BCM Fall Conference each October in Eagle Eyrie, LTC (Leadership Training Conference) each spring, and multiple opportunities for summer and spring break mission trips, abroad and local.
- Campus blood drives in support of the Marsh Regional Blood Bank are held throughout each academic year.
- BCM Coffee Houses are held at the end of each month and provide unique fellowship opportunities and occasional live music.
- Collaborative campus programs give BCM an opportunity to work with other organizations to impact the campus community. Some of these include an annual super bowl party and the Martin Luther King, Jr. commemorative events.
For more information about BCM, please contact Interim BCM Minister Megan Buchanan at 276-328-6208.