Whitney E. Wells
Director of Disability Services
The University of Virginia's College at Wise
Virginia Relay Calls
Anyone can make a Virginia Relay call, including standard phone (voice) users! Just follow these simple steps:
- Dial 7-1-1 to reach Virginia Relay.
- After the prompt, Press 1.
- After the prompt, to place a call, Press 1 again; for instructions, Press 2.
- After the prompt, enter the area code and number you wish to call.
- Once a connection is made, begin speaking as you would during a regular telephone conversation. Remember to speak slowly and directly to the person you are calling, not to the CA.
- When you are finished speaking, say “Go Ahead.” The CA will then read/voice the other person’s response to you.
Charlottesville campus info: http://www.virginia.edu/studenthealth/sdac/sdac.html