Financial Aid Calendar
- Meet with UVa-Wise representatives visiting your high school or community college. Ask questions about admissions requirements.
- Apply for admission to UVa-Wise. Check with your high school guidance counselor about private scholarship support. Be aware of all application deadlines. Also, inquire on your own about scholarship opportunities in your community.
- Students applying under the First Early Admission Priority Date must be admitted by December 1.
- If you have not already done so, apply for admission now! Remember, for early academic scholarship and financial aid consideration, incoming freshmen should be admitted to UVa-Wise by February 1.
- Complete all tax returns as soon as possible. The FAFSA requires information which can only be found on your tax returns.
- Submit your FAFSA on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon after January 1 as possible, and early enough enough to meet the College's April priority date. If necessary, use estimated tax information.
- On the FAFSA, you should request that a copy of the results be sent to UVa-Wise. Our school code is 003747.
- If you have not already done so, submit your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible.
- Students needing financial aid for summer school should complete the online Summer Financial Aid Application available on the forms and applications page.
Freshman, Transfer and Returning Students who indicate you plan to attend summer school will receive an award letter detailing the financial aid programs for which you qualify. Sign and return, keeping a copy for yourself.
- Respond promptly to all information requests.
- Freshman and Transfer Students should attend the appropriate orientation session.
- Returning students will receive an award letter in early June after the Office of Financial Aid has checked grades to ensure students have met satisfactory academic progress standards.
- If you choose one of the payment plans, sign up now.
- Keep copies of your FAFSA, tax returns, awards letter, etc.
- If applicable, complete the online loan application process prior to the start of classes.
- Your financial aid file must be complete before financial aid can be applied to your account.
- Begin your new and exciting life as a UVa-Wise student.