Supporting UVa-Wise Cheerleading
The UVa-Wise Cheerleading Team is made up of talented student-athletes who benefit from their involvement in the challenging and rewarding experience of leading the UVa-Wise Community in cheering on the Cavaliers! Cheerleaders motivate and encourage good sportsmanship as well as increase the visibility of the Cavaliers. Both on the sidelines and off, the Cheerleaders are involved in community projects serving as ambassadors of the college. In addition to their grueling training throughout the week, they also lead the charge in raising funds to assist in team camps and other projects. There are a multitude of skills that are learned by being part of this energetic team including teambuilding, time-management, interpersonal relations, communications, fundraising and many more that can be applied once they graduate.
Contributions have an important impact on our cheerleading team by providing:
- scholarships which have a huge impact and will help our extraordinary students to succeed. While we are currently able to provide scholarships to the top two cheerleaders, based on their scores at auditions, we would like to provide more to help us recruit locally and regionally. Cheerleading is a full time commitment and requires about 20 hours per week in training.
- appropriate equipment (such as bags, mega phones)
- good quality uniforms, warm-up apparel, tennis shoes, competition entry fees, and competition travel expenses
- costs associated with travel to competitions such as lodging, meals, transportation
- support to enable the UVa-Wise Cheerleaders to travel to some regional athletic competitions
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the Cheerleaders by:
- making a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for the cheerleading team, and mail to UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293.
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft)
- online by following the link below - this will take you to our online giving page which is part of the University's website. Under "Designation" click by “I would like to choose a specific department, area or sport” and then select the team(s) you would like to support. Continue to complete the info that is requested. It will take just a couple of minutes.