Supporting UVa-Wise Softball
The UVa-Wise softball program is very young and has had much success. These ladies understand that they are extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to play at this level and at such a great institution. Through softball, they are learning indispensable life lessons such as discipline, the value of hard work, goal setting, team work, and time management. Softball is growing in this area, and these ladies have become incredible role models to the young girls in the community that come to watch us play and who come to our camps and clinics. They are playing because they love the sport and take such pride in being UVa-Wise Cavaliers.
Contributions have an important impact on our softball team by providing:
- an increase in scholarship support would allow us the opportunity to recruit the best student-athletes to represent the UVa-Wise softball program. We want to bring the best players in the Commonwealth of Virginia and beyond to UVa-Wise however our competition is fierce. More scholarship dollars level the playing field in our recruitment efforts.
- appropriate equipment and supplies (such as quality uniforms, bats, bat bags, cleats, socks, softballs, whiffles, tees)
- field maintenance (Turfus, quick dry, clay, line chalk, field paint, bases, nets)
- costs associated with travel such as lodging, meals, transportation
- additional support will enable the UVa-Wise softball team to participate in tournaments and other team activities
"On behalf of UVa-Wise Softball program, I want to thank you for your generous donation to our fundraising campaign. In these days of tight budgets and limited resources, supporters like you help make it possible for us to give our students the best possible athletic and educational experience. Your donation is greatly appreciated and will help improve the quality of equipment and travel for our student athletes."
Coach Karen Burnette Bitter
Respect • Honor • Integrity
Gifts may be made to the softball team by:
- making a check payable to UVa-Wise Foundation, indicate that it is for softball, and mail to UVa-Wise Foundation, 1 College Avenue, Wise, VA 24293.
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
- electronic funds transfer (Bank Draft)
- online by following the link below - this will take you to our online giving page which is part of the University's website. Under "Designation" click by “I would like to choose a specific department, area or sport” and then select the team(s) you would like to support. Continue to complete the info that is requested. It will take just a couple of minutes.