Charitable Gift Annuities
Charitable Gift Annuity – Immediate Income
A charitable gift annuity provides you with immediate
income for life and the principal passes to UVa-Wise when the contract
ends. A charitable gift annuity may be established with a small investment ($5,000 minimum) and can be funded with cash,
appreciated securities or in some cases a gift of real estate. The minimum age to fund a gift annuity is 55
years of age.
- One hundred percent guaranteed income, backed by the full assets of the University of Virginia.
- If funded with appreciated securities, you may avoid a portion of your capital gains tax.
- Make a significant gift that benefits you now and UVa-Wise later.
- Donor receives an immediate income tax deduction.
- A portion of the annuity income may be tax-free.
- Ideal to supplement other retirement income.
For more information
of Development & College Relations
The University of Virginia's College at Wise
One College Avenue
Wise, VA 24293
Learn more about a Deferred Gift Annuity.
Download a Planned Gift Document.
Click for Making a Planned Gift Homepage.
UVa-Wise does not provide legal, tax or financial advice. We strongly recommend that you consult professional advisors on all legal, tax or financial matters, including gift planning considerations. To ensure compliance with certain IRS requirements, we disclose to you that this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax-related penalties.