Faculty Profile: Donald Leech
Assistant Professor of History
Phone: (276) 376-4580
Office: Zehmer 217
- Ph.D. – University of Minnesota, 2007.
- M.A. – California State University, Long Beach, 2002.
- B.A. – Madonna University, 1992.
- Medieval Europe
- Early Modern Europe
- History of England
- Byzantium & Islam: Medieval Mediterranean
- Expansion of Europe
- The Twelfth Century Renaissance (special topic)
- Dr. Leech is an urban historian of late medieval England. His research and writing on the subject include: the urban economy, town-country networks, and local identities. The large provincial city of Coventry is used as the focus for these studies.
- Member of the Medieval Academy of America and the American Historical Association.
- Leech, D. "'By the evidence of this city': Enclosing Land and Memory in Fifteenth Century Coventry." Medieval History Journal (April 2012).
- Leech, D. "Stability and Change at the End of the Middle Ages: Coventry 1450-1525." Midland History (Spring 2009).