Faculty Profile: Anthony Cashio
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
- Ph.D. – Southern Illinois University, 2011.
- M.A. – Southern Illinois University, 2005.
- B.A. – Birmingham-Southern College, 2002.
- Ancient and Medieval Philosophy
- History of Ethics
- Environmental Philosophy
- Modern Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of History
Dr. Cashio's research interests center on the genesis and perpetuation of value-systems and the effects of value-systems at both the personal and social levels. His work has focused on issues of social justice, the role of value-systems in problem solving, the relationship between history and value structure, the nature of nonviolence, and the role of the environment as a social institution.
- Member of the American Philosophical Association
- Member of the Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy
- The International Association for Environmental Philosophy
- The International Conference on Persons