Leonard W. Sandridge Outstanding Contribution Award
This form is provided to solicit nominations for the Leonard W. Sandridge Outstanding Contribution Award. This program gives members of the UVa-Wise community the opportunity to honor classified and University staff who have shown exemplary service and commitment to the College.
A committee appointed by the Chancellor will select the OCA recipient. The committee will make the selection solely from the information contained in the nomination packet. Therefore, it is very important that complete information be provided in the nomination.
The recipient of the Outstanding Contribution Award will receive a cash award and an engraved memento of recognition. The winner will be announced in early May.
Nominations are limited to currently employed, non-probationary, salaried classified and University staff employees in good standing. Any member of the College community may submit a nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Selection Criteria Guidelines
The committee will consider outstanding contributions to the overall mission, objectives and values of the College, which have enhanced internal and/or public regard for the services provided for the College. Service contributions may be in the form of service to the students or other clients of the College, service to management, service to fellow employees, or service to the community.
When making a nomination, please be sure to include thorough and specific information. The nomination should be as detailed as possible. (It is suggested that the nomination be at least one typed page in length). The nomination must also contain the approval of the nominee’s area Vice Chancellor. If the nomination is not complete, it will not be forwarded to the selection committee. Some points that might be made are:
1. The degree to which services exceeded the expectations of the position.
2. The period of time over which the contribution(s) occurred, as well as the current/recent contribution(s) forming the basis of the nomination.
3. The approximate number of persons benefited by the contribution(s) and how.
4. The ways in which the contribution(s) enhanced the College’s image or improved service.
5. The positive influence the nominee made upon others.
6. The influence the employee had on improving work methods, productivity, decreased costs, etc. for the College and/or the Commonwealth.
Required Nomination Information
All nominations must include:
· Nominee’s Name
· Phone Number
· Nominee’s Area Vice Chancellor’s Name
· Nominee’s Area Vice Chancellor’s signature and/or written approval
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Perry, Director of Human Resources, at x0240 or email at email@example.com.