The University of Virginia's College at Wise is authorized to offer admission to international students who wish to study in the United States. International students who are not United States citizens should submit the following documents to the Admissions Office by April 1 for enrollment in the fall semester and by November 1 for enrollment in the spring semester:
- Apply online for admission to the degree program.
- Official, translated and evaluated academic transcripts from all secondary schools, colleges, and universities attended previously are required for admission consideration. Academic evaluations are to be done by World Education Services (WES).
- Scholastic Aptitude Test I (SAT I) or American College Test (ACT) scores.
Satisfactory scores (550 or above) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
In lieu of the TOEFL, applicants may submit scores from the Advanced Placement International English Language (APIEL) exam. An applicant will be deemed proficient in English upon receipt of a score of 3 or greater.
TOEFL information Web site: www.ets.org/toefl/
- A Supplemental Financial Guarantee Form certifying that adequate funds are available for college study prior to coming to the United States.
- If you have questions about obtaining a visa or an I-20, please contact Jessica Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an international student studying in the United States, please submit the International Student Advisor Form (Word document).
- Submit a Pre-entrance Health Form (PDF).
Prospective international students should consider the following documents and pages carefully: