Microsoft Home Use Program for UVa-Wise Faculty and Staff
All active UVa-Wise faculty and staff are eligible to participate in Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP). This program enables you to get a licensed copy of most Microsoft® Office desktop PC applications to install and use on your home computer at a drastically reduced educational cost. This program only covers Microsoft Office for Windows and Mac and not the Windows operating system or other Microsoft software.
Under the Home Use Program, you and our other employees who are users of qualifying applications at work (e.g. Office) may acquire a licensed copy of the corresponding Home Use Program software (e.g. Office) to install and use on a home computer. You may continue using HUP software while you are under our employment and as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
Please note that some product and language versions may not be available at the time you place an order. For up-to-date information on the availability of Home Use Program software, please visit http://microsoft.com/licensing.
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site:
- Visit the main Information Technology office in the Smiddy Information Technology wing 2nd floor, present your campus ID card, sign our log document and receive the private institutional program code from our IT assistant.
- Go to http://hup.microsoft.com/ online.
- Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
- Enter your full UVa-Wise e-mail address and insert our institutional program code you received in step #1.
Note: This program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
- Place your order online, and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs.
Please note that home computer support is NOT included with this for home computers. IT staff are not allowed to support home computers on work time. Please consult www.microsoft.com/products for the latest information on system requirements for the latest version of Microsoft Office to insure that your computer will actually run well with the latest version.