All students must apply to graduate.
Graduation Applications may now be completed online by clicking above or on this link APPLY TO GRADUATE. This online form that requires the authorization of digital signatures. The application is submitted directly to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
|UVA-Wise Student Graduation CheckList|
|1. Fill out the Graduation & Degree Application.|
|2. Review the GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS in your UVA-Wise college catalog. **|
|3. Obtain approval for each major from a faculty member (advisor) in each major.|
|4. Submit completed Graduation Application to the Office of Registrar by the deadline .|
|5. Check your on-line Advising report frequently|
|6. Watch your UVA-Wise e-mail account for updates & critical announcements|
|7. Check requirements for graduating with honors.|
|8. Many students require an "exit interview." Check with the Financial Aid Office to see what needs to be done.|
|9. Check for university holds/stop codes. Your diploma cannot be mailed or picked-up until all financial obligations to the university have been met.|
10. Leave a forwarding addres with the UVA-Wise Post Office. Complete a change of address form in the Registrar's Office.
|11. Register with the Alumni Office.|
The final responsibility for meeting graduation requirements rests with each individual
student. Requirements for graduating with a degree from UVa-Wise include:
· A minimum of 120 semester hours. (At most, two hours earned in physical education
activities courses may be counted as part of the 120 hour requirement.) Completion of the general education requirements is considered to be part of the 120 hours.
· An overall grade point average of 2.00 or higher for all college level work (including all
coursework at other institutions) and 2.00 or higher on all work attempted at UVa-Wise.
· In the major area, a grade point average of at least 2.00 or higher as prescribed by the major.
· Completion of requirements for one of the major program areas and the general education
requirements as described in the catalog of record.
· Completion of at least 45 semester hours through UVa-Wise, with a minimum of 15 semester hours of upper-level courses completed in the major.
· Completion of at least 58 semester hours in a regionally accredited four-year college or
· The filing of an application for graduation with the Office of the Registrar at least one full
semester prior to the anticipated graduation date.
· Completion of the Cultural Activities Requirement.
A student will normally meet the graduation requirements outlined in the College catalog of
the year in which the student entered the College. A student may elect to satisfy the requirements
outlined in a catalog subsequent to those in effect when the student entered. However, a student
may not use the requirements outlined in a catalog that is more than eight years old at the time
a student graduates. A student may change catalogs by declaring a major with the appropriate
Department Chair (see Declaration of Major).
Graduating seniors must be in good standing with respect to academics (see above) and the
College judicial system. Any student who is not in good standing judicially, who has penalties
levied but not satisfied as the result of a judicial process , or who has an Honor Court case
pending will be allowed to walk during the graduation ceremony, but will not receive a diploma or
transcript. The student’s diploma and/or transcript will not be forthcoming until all penalties
are satisfied and all sanctions are lifted.
**Requirements for graduating with a degree from UVa-Wise can be found in the UVa-Wise college catalog. The final responsibility for meeting graduation requirements rests with each individual student.