Student Leadership Awards Packet
All officially-recognized UVa-Wise student and/or Greek organizations currently registered and in good standing with the Office of Student Activities are considered for awards based upon information submitted in the SLA Packet and/or required separate applications.
The SLA Packet provides a convenient, organized manner in which to compile organizational community service, educational, fundraising, social, and other events and activities from June 1, 2013 – May 31, 2014 (note: this allows for consideration of anticipated late semester events to be held after the banquet date). Consideration for a select number of additional awards requires a separate application (see Awards & Recognitions link at left for more information).
Only the information submitted in the SLA Packet and those separate applications required for specific awards will be used in consideration of leadership recognitions and awards to be presented at the annual Student Leadership Awards Banquet in April 2014.
Completed SLA Packets must be returned by noon on April 1, to Stephanie Shell in the Student Life Office in Cantrell Hall. Each SLA Packet must include the following items:
- the Certificate of Information page
- a Year in Review Summary which provides an overview of organizational activity for the current academic year This is your opportunity to brag about your organization’s efforts this year! (1-2 pages maximum)
- a CD with photos (20 maximum) showing activities, events, members, and programs hosted and/or participated in by your organization;
- Initiatives Forms (make copies as necessary) that share details of your organization’s community service, educational, fundraising, social, and other programming initiatives;
- Event/Program Spotlight Form (make copies as necessary) that share details of any specific programs that you would like to receive special consideration for Programs of the Year
Completed 2014 SLA Packets must be returned by noon on April 1, to Stephanie Shell in the Office of Student Life (Cantrell Hall).